pivCLASS Passage is a software option that enables mobile handheld readers and desktop to emulate a card reader once the credential has been authenticated and the credential holder’s identity has been verified. After verification by the reader, the encrypted card data is send to Wiegand converter over TCP/IP. The Wiegand information is sent to OnGuard access panel. Based on the information OnGuard grant/deny access.
The integration supports:
- Card reads appear to the access control panel as having been output by a PIV/PIV-I card reader, DoD barcode reader, or proximity reader
- Allows security officers to control multiple gates from a single handheld device
- Standard access control rules determine whether access is granted or denied
- Transactions can be buffered and retried from host if communications are down and guaranteed delivery is required
- Supports AES-256, a FIPS 140-2 Security Level 1 approved encryption algorithm. Wiegand converter hardware is FIPS 197 certified
- Outputs identifier of PIV/TWIC/CAC/PIV-I in one of the following formats:
- 128-bit PIV-I UUID (GUID)
- 75-bit GSA
- 75-bit TSA (with ICI encoded in CN position 1)
- 64-bit BCD LSB or MSB
- 48-bit GSA
- 48-bit TSA (with ICI encoded in CN position 1)
- DoD barcode formats
- 26-bit (standard Wiegand)
- 36-bit Hughes/Indala
- 37-bit (CASI)
- Corporate 1000
|OnGuard License Requirements:|
|Component||License Option||Part Number||Comments|
|DataConduIT||Maximum Number of DataConduIT Clients (SWG-1140)||SWG-1140||One (1) DataConduIT license is required|
Note: A single DataConduIT license is used for all pivCLASS certified products. All communications between pivCLASS products and an OnGuard system are managed by a single DataConduIT session.
pivCLASS Passage v1.2 is certified with OnGuard 6.5.